University of Denver Sturm College of Law J.D.
University of Northern Colorado: B.A., Magna Cum Laude, Political Science and History
Area of Practice
Family Law, Civil Litigation
As a litigator, Jaycey advocates for clients in both the civil and domestic arenas. Prior to joining the firm, Jaycey gained a broad skillset, working on contract and bankruptcy litigation. She also spent a year gaining invaluable writing expertise working as an appellate intern, drafting appellate briefs in the 18th Judicial District. She prides herself on intimately knowing the facts of her cases.
Jaycey graduated in the top 15% of her class while also serving on the Executive Board of the Denver Law Review. While in law school, Jaycey worked as a teaching assistant to Legal Writing Professor Suzanna Moran, facilitating writing workshops for first year students, and as an Academic Achievement Program Leader, assisting students in constitutional and criminal law. Jaycey remains active in the community through the Learn Your Rights In Colorado program, where lawyers and law students host workshops in local middle schools and high schools to educate students on their constitutional rights when interacting with the police.
“When it comes to the practice of law, there is simply no substitute for precise and thorough preparation.”
Honors & Distinctions
- Denver Law Review
- Hartje Objective Writing Award Recipient
- Scholastic Excellence Award Trial Practice
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Learn Your Rights in Colorado
Authorship & Presentations
- Moonshine, Marijuana, and Medical Bills: An examination of Social Host Liability, Campbell Law School Law Review Comment, 2014
- Decoding Symbols in the Courtroom, McNair’s Scholar, 2012
- Women in Law Diversity Meeting, Speaker, 2018