James Nash – email@example.com
University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, J.D.
University of Denver, B.A. Political Science, cum laude
Professional Mentor-University of Denver Sturm College of Law
Co-Author- Practitioner’s Guide to Colorado Domestic Relations Law CBA/CLE (Determining When Trusts are Property for Purposes of Equitable Division)
Area of Practice
Eliza Steinberg’s practice is focused exclusively on family law related matters including divorce, allocation of parental rights, post-decree disputes, and child support matters. Prior to becoming an attorney, Eliza worked as a senior paralegal under the Managing Partner, Suzanne Griffiths, on high asset, high conflict divorce cases. Eliza has extensive knowledge regarding complex financial matters in divorce including trusts, business valuation, and income analysis. Eliza is the co-author of the Colorado Bar Association’s Practitioner’s Guide to Domestic Relations Law chapter on trusts and has authored numerous articles and blogs on various family law topics. Eliza has also presented on discovery techniques, parenting issues, ethics, litigation case management techniques and case intake strategies for the National Business Institute and Institute for Paralegal Education.
Eliza earned her Juris Doctorate from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law and her undergraduate degree from the University of Denver, cum laude, in Political Science with a minor in Business Administration. Eliza received many honors and accolades for her high academic achievement at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law including numerous scholarships and scholastic excellence awards.
Eliza is a passionate advocate with substantial litigation experience, but she also brings a solution-oriented perspective to her cases.
“Compassion, competence, and good judgment are essential to practice family law; when family and finances are on the line, these skills must be used to achieve the best possible outcome.”
Eliza was very professional, knowledgeable, thorough, and detailed in my case. She was a true and capable advocate for me and for the best interest of my child during the entire divorce process.
Former Client – June 2020, AVVO Review
Eliza immediately showed me compassion for, and understanding of what I was going through. She is ultra professional and has a vast knowledge of family law in Colorado.
Former Client – February 2020, AVVO Review
I HIGHLY recommend using Eliza for your family law needs. I had a couple of lawyers before I finally found Eliza – absolutely no comparison. She is thorough, dedicated, and wicked smart while being patient, thoughtful, and responsive.
Former Client – November 2018, AVVO Review
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America© Ones to Watch, 2021-2023, Family Law
- Colorado Super Lawyer® “Rising Star”, 2020-2022
- 2019 Up & Coming Lawyers by Colorado Law Week magazine
- Colleen Barrett Award for Administrative Excellence-Finalist (2017)
- Judge Donald P. Smith, Jr. ’56 Endowed Scholarship (for high academic achievement) (2016)
- Scholastic Excellence Award-Advanced Trial Practice (2016)
- Charles F. Brannan National Endowed Scholarship (for high academic achievement) (2015)
- Scholastic Excellence Award-Lawyering Process II (2014)
- Superb Rating on AVVO.
- Colorado Judicial Institute Board Member (2022-present)
- CBA Young Lawyers Division Executive Council Member (2020-present)
- ALIGHT Volunteer (Alliance to Lead Impact in Global Human Trafficking)
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association—Family Law Section
- Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce (Member)
- Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee (Member)
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law Professional Mentoring Program (Mentor)
- In re Marriage of Young, 2021 COA 96
- In re E.K., 2022 CO 34
- “Ethics Refresher”, Presenter, CBA-Family Law Section, November 18, 2022
- “The Importance of Family Law”, Interview by Lina Krylov Real Estate, November 10, 2022
- “Should I Keep the House in the Divorce?” ColoradoBizMagazine (online), September 6, 2022
- “Family Law Basics for the Non-Family Lawyer” Presenter, CBA YLD, April 7, 2022
- “Modern Day Mentorship” ColoradoBizMagazine (online), December 13, 2021
- “Griffiths Law Prevails in Published Court of Appeals Decision – Marriage of Young” griffithslawpc.com, August 6, 2021
- “Meet Eliza Steinberg” Shoutout Colorado, May, 2021
- “Family Law Basics for the Non-Family Law Attorney,” Colorado Bar Association CLE, March 16, 2021
- “Peak Performance”, Super Lawyers Magazine (online), March 12, 2021
- “Family Law In The Pandemic” Super Lawyers Magazine (online), February 7, 2021
- Inspiring Conversations with Eliza Steinberg of Griffiths Law PC, VoyageDenver (online), December 1, 2020
- Top 5 Questions Every Law Student Has About Getting a Job Right Now, Career Connection-DU Law (online), October 28, 2020
- “Will COVID-19 affect your co-parenting plan? Top seven questions answered, ColoradoBizMagazine (online), April 3, 2020
- “Is Your Spouse Shirking Their Support Obligation?” ColoradoBizMagazine (online), August 12, 2019
- Practitioner’s Guide to Colorado Domestic Relations Law CBA/CLE: Chapter 12 “Determining When Trusts are Property for the Purpose of Equitable Division,” 2017-2019
- “What the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Could Do in Colorado” ColoradoBizMagazine (online), November 29, 2017
- “Family Law from Start to Finish,” National Business Institute, December 2017
- “Tax cuts, jobs act could impact divorce settlements,” The Colorado Springs Business Journal, December 8, 2017
- “A Litigation Paralegal’s Guide to Case Management,” IPE, April 2015