James Nash – [email protected]
Regan Crawford – [email protected]
University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, J.D.
University of Northern Colorado, B.A. Criminal Justice, Minors: Sociology and Political Science
Area of Practice
Kellian Coggswell’s practice is focused exclusively on family law related matters, including divorce, common law marriage, allocation of parental rights, post-decree disputes, and child support. Prior to becoming an attorney, Kellian worked as a paralegal and law clerk under shareholder, Eliza Steinberg, on complex financial cases and high conflict parenting disputes.
Before joining Griffiths Law, Kellian started her legal career working as a criminal defense investigator with the Colorado Public Defender’s Office. During her time working in criminal defense, Kellian learned invaluable lessons on the complexities of the court system, the rules of evidence, and being a zealous advocate for your client. Kellian is passionate about helping those who are less fortunate and has continued volunteering throughout her schooling and career with disadvantaged populations. Most recently, Kellian volunteered with Denver Legal Nights, providing legal advice and assistance on family law issues to low-income individuals in the Denver Metro Area.
Kellian earned her Juris Doctorate from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, and her undergraduate degree from the University of Northern Colorado in Criminal Justice, with a double minor in Political Science and Sociology. Kellian received many honors and accolades for her high academic achievement during law school, including numerous scholarships and scholastic excellence awards.
When she is not working, Kellian loves hiking and backpacking around the country, working on her golf game, and trying out new restaurants.
“Empathy is the medicine the world needs”
Kellian was a great person to have on my team while going through a contentious divorce and custody case. She and her collogues at Griffiths Law go that Extra mile to make sure and take care of their clients’ every needs from being empathetic, to working after hours and getting the right group of professionals in place for my family.
Former Client - August 2023, Avvo Review
Extremely professional, sharp, efficient and great to work with. I had the pleasure working with Kellian over my (lengthy) divorce process and I feel extremely privileged she was on my team. Her thoroughness, competency, work ethic, great communication and efficiency was second to none! And, I want to add that she was also such a pleasure to communicate and deal with, she was so understanding, kind and caring. Kellian’s made this process so much better than I expected. My case was, to put it mildly, difficult, and she helped the process go as smoothly and efficiently as possible which was so helpful, comforting and refreshing. I would highly recommend Kellian to anyone looking for a family law attorney with these amazing and unique qualities.
Former Client - May 2023, Avvo Review
I’m so glad I hired Kellian to help with my divorce. My husband was in jail when I first contacted Kellian, and then got out and she helped me so much with serving him, communicating with him, helping me get signatures for the sale of the condo and our separation agreement. She was always kind, understanding, personable, a great communicator, and persistent. She has lots of good experience and is very knowledgeable about the law and the court system. She always sent me things to review before she sent them to my ex, and she was honest-saying that if she was in my position, this is what she would do. Kellian did all she could to help make it as painless of a very hard situation as she could. She felt like a friend, and that’s what I needed. I’m so thankful.
Former Client - January 2023, Avvo Review
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America© Ones to Watch, 2024, Family Law
- Scholastic Excellence Award – Trial Practice I
- Scholastic Excellence Award – Legal Analysis Strategies
- Award for Administrative Excellence “Above the Call” Category – Finalist (2021)
- Leon F. Drozd Jr. Endowed Named Scholarship (for high academic achievement)
- Martin and Jo Ann Semple Endowed Named Scholarship (for high academic achievement)
- Colorado Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Executive Council
- Colorado Judicial Institute: Young Professionals Committee Member
- Colorado Bar Association Young Lawyers Division
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Legal Night Clinic Volunteer
- “I Didn’t Get a Prenuptial Agreement, Now What?”, ColoradoBizMagazine (online), May 15, 2023
- “Divorce, Legal Separation, or Annulment…. Does it matter what I file?”, griffithslawpc.com, February 8, 2023
- “Ethics Refresher”, Presenter, CBA-Family Law Section, November 18, 2022
- “Should I Keep the House in the Divorce?” ColoradoBizMagazine (online), September 6, 2022
- Drugs, Alcohol, & Parenting, griffithslawpc.com, April 1, 2021
- “Modern Day Mentorship” ColoradoBizMagazine (online), December 13, 2021