Kellian Coggswell’s practice is focused exclusively on family law related matters, including divorce, common law marriage, allocation of parental rights, post-decree disputes, and child support. Prior to becoming an attorney, Kellian worked as a paralegal and law clerk under shareholder, Eliza Steinberg, on complex financial cases and high conflict parenting disputes.
Before joining Griffiths Law, Kellian started her legal career working as a criminal defense investigator. During her time working in criminal defense, Kellian learned invaluable lessons on the complexities of the court system, the rules of evidence, and being a zealous advocate for your client. Kellian is passionate about helping those who are less fortunate and has continued volunteering throughout her schooling and career with disadvantaged populations. Most recently, Kellian volunteered with LYRIC’s Know Your Rights program, which provides education to high school students on asserting their legal rights.
Kellian earned her Juris Doctorate from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, and her undergraduate degree from the University of Northern Colorado in Criminal Justice, with a double minor in Political Science and Sociology. Kellian received many honors and accolades for her high academic achievement during law school, including numerous scholarships and scholastic excellence awards.
When she is not working, Kellian loves hiking and backpacking around the country, working on her golf game, and trying out new restaurants.
“Empathy is the medicine the world needs”
I’m so glad I hired Kellian to help with my divorce. My husband was in jail when I first contacted Kellian, and then got out and she helped me so much with serving him, communicating with him, helping me get signatures for the sale of the condo and our separation agreement. She was always kind, understanding, personable, a great communicator, and persistent. She has lots of good experience and is very knowledgeable about the law and the court system. She always sent me things to review before she sent them to my ex, and she was honest-saying that if she was in my position, this is what she would do. Kellian did all she could to help make it as painless of a very hard situation as she could. She felt like a friend, and that’s what I needed. I’m so thankful.
Former Client - January 2023, Avvo Review
I was married 20 years and felt helpless when my ex decided to fight me not wanting to pay me spousal /child support. It was a year battle and extremely emotional . Eliza, Duncan and Kellian were with me every step of the way. WE WON in the end. They are fair, trustworthy, kind, smart and KNOW what they are doing. They helped me regain my power back and it was worth every dime to defend myself. I highly recommend this team!!
Former Client - October 2021, Google Review
- Scholastic Excellence Award – Trial Practice I
- Scholastic Excellence Award – Legal Analysis Strategies
- Award for Administrative Excellence “Above the Call” Category – Finalist (2021)
- Leon F. Drozd Jr. Endowed Named Scholarship (for high academic achievement)
- Martin and Jo Ann Semple Endowed Named Scholarship (for high academic achievement)
- Colorado Bar Association Young Lawyers Division
- Colorado Bar Association
- LYRIC volunteer – Know Your Rights in Colorado
- “Ethics Refresher”, Presenter, CBA-Family Law Section, November 18, 2022
- “Should I Keep the House in the Divorce?” ColoradoBizMagazine (online), September 6, 2022
- Drugs, Alcohol, & Parenting, www.griffithslawpc.com, April 1, 2021
- “Modern Day Mentorship” ColoradoBizMagazine (online), December 13, 2021