President, CEO, and Co-Founder303.586.6924
Lisa Laframboise – firstname.lastname@example.org
Erica Breitenstein – email@example.com
University of Cape Town, LL.B.
University of Cape Town, B.A.
Top Lawyer in Family Law in Denver, 5280 Magazine, 2016-2023
Colorado top 50 female lawyer/top 100 lawyer by Superlawyers
Area of Practice
About Suzanne Griffiths
Suzanne Griffiths is the President, CEO, and Co-Founder of Griffiths Law PC. With over 40 years of experience, Ms. Griffiths’ unrivaled focus, creative case strategy, and attention to detail make her a very highly sought after litigator in her the field of family law. Super Lawyers listed Suzanne Griffiths as one of the top 50 women and top 100 lawyers for the Super Lawyers list in 2017-2023. In Denver, 5280 Magazine selected Suzanne as one of Denver’s Top Lawyers for 2016-2023. She also was awarded Most Admired CEO for 2022 by DBJ Magazine. She is listed in Best Lawyers in America. She received the Outstanding Women in Business award in the large business category from the Denver Business Journal in August 2016. She was voted a Lawyer of the Year by CO Law Week in 2016. Additionally, Suzanne was voted as Barrister’s Best “Family Law Lawyer” in Colorado in 2013-2022. CO Law Week described Suzanne as a “tenacious litigator and advocate” and also called her a “financial wizard and skilled negotiator.” Not to mention, her law firm, was most recently awarded 2022 Denver Business Journal’s Small Business Award Winner. The firm was also voted as the Top Company for professional services in 2015 by Colorado Business Magazine, and COMPANY OF THE YEAR in the small business sector in 2015 by Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce.
Suzanne has earned the highest possible AVVO rating, 10 out of 10. She also holds a pre-eminent AV-rating, the highest rating available from Martindale-Hubbell rating. In addition to authoring numerous professional articles, Suzanne appeared on the “Dr. Phil Show” numerous times during the series “The Anatomy of Divorce”, a three-part series filmed in Hollywood and Denver. She was also recently featured in the O Oprah magazine as well as Entrepreneur magazine. She has given several presentations on family law to national audiences. Lastly, Suzanne was a finalist for the Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce Athena Award in 2018.
In addition to representing clients in the Denver and Colorado courts, she has been admitted to practice in federal court. She is a member in good standing of the Denver Bar Association, the Colorado Bar Association, where she is also a Foundation Fellow, and the American Bar Association. Suzanne received her degree from the University of Cape Town in 1978. She practiced in South Africa for 15 years before coming to the United States where she was granted permanent U.S. residency on account of her extraordinary ability in the field of family law.
“The most important quality to look for in a divorce attorney is good judgment – knowing what battles to fight and what to let go. A great attorney knows when to put their foot on the accelerator and when to hit the brake.”
Suzanne is a beacon of hope and a Godsend to my family at a time when our options were extremely limited and the likelihood of a satisfactory resolution seemed impossible. Suzanne and her team are the best family law practice in Colorado. Bar none.
Former Client – December 2020, Yelp Review
I could not have asked for better legal representation for me during a very difficult time. Ms Griffiths and her team always had my best interests at heart and fought for my rights. I would not hesitate to recommend the firm to someone else.
Former Client – November 2020, Google Review
Suzanne and her team left nothing to chance and carefully reviewed the needs of my case and acted immediately to protect my rights. Suzanne Griffith and her team are very detailed oriented and are clearly at the top of their field.
Former Client – October 2020, Yelp Review
Honors & Distinctions
- Most Admired CEO Award, The Denver Business Journal, 2022
- Top 25 Most Powerful Women in Business by the Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce, 2019
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America©, 2019-2023, Family Law
- Best Family Lawyer (People’s Choice) in the Barrister’s Best publication of Law Week Colorado, 2013 – 2017, 2019 – 2022
- 2018 Barrister’s Best Family Law Attorney (Editor’s Choice) by Colorado Law Week magazine
- Top Lawyer in Family Law in Denver, 5280 Magazine, 2016-2023
- Outstanding Women in Business, large company category, The Denver Business Journal, 2016
- Lawyers of the Year, Law Week Colorado, 2016
- Colorado Super Lawyer®, 2005 – 2023 and voted top 50 women and top 100 attorney by Super Lawyers.
- Lifetime Achievement Award finalist, Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce, 2013
- Outstanding Women in Business finalist, Denver Business Journal, 2012
- CFO of the Year finalist, Denver Business Journal, 2010
- Top Women Lawyers finalist, Law Week Colorado, 2010
- “Tenacity Times Ten: The Unstoppable Suzanne Griffiths” Published in Colorado Super Lawyers, April 2009
- Denver’s Top Divorce Attorneys in Denver Magazine, 2005
- AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers, 2004 – present
- Featured on the Dr. Phil Show’s Anatomy of a Divorce
- Received a 10 out of 10 rating on AVVO
- Member, American Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association – 1995-present
- Colorado Bar Association – 1995-present
- CBA Family Law Section – 1995-present
- Foundation Fellow, Colorado Bar Association
- Pro bono/Community Service:
• CBA Steering Committee on Domestic Violence
- In re Marriage of Ohr, 97 P.3d 354 (Colo. App. 2004).
- In re Marriage of Roddy, No. 13CA0632, 2014 WL 3747348 (Colo. App. July 31, 2014).
Authorship & Presentations
- Family Troubles Increase in the Pandemic, Law Week Colorado (online), December 22, 2020
“The Intersection of Family Law and Civil/Commercial Litigation”, Presenter, Family Law Institute Annual Conference, August 2020
What Every Family Lawyer Should Know About Trusts; Recent Legislative Developments that Could Defeat the Claims of Spouses in Divorce Cases, Presenter, Family Law Institute Annual Conference, August 2019
- “At Griffiths Law, the First Priority is Protecting Your Future“, As Seen in O, The Oprah Magazine & Entrepreneur, October 2018
- “How the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 Affects Divorce,” Colorado Lawyer, June 2018
- “What the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Could Do in Colorado” ColoradoBizMagazine (online), November 29, 2017
- “Family Law From Start to Finish,” with Jennifer Holt and Eliza Steinberg, National Business Institute CLE, December 2017
- “Tax cuts, jobs act could impact divorce settlements,” The Colorado Springs Business Journal, December 8, 2017
- “Divorce in the Golden Years: What to Consider”, ColoradoBiz Magazine (online), co-author, May 25, 2016
- “Cheaters: This is how you’re going to get caught,” ColoradoBiz Magazine (online), January 11, 2016
- “Protection of Assets in Divorces” (national presentation), National Business Institute, November 23, 2015
- The Top Ten Things to Do Before a Divorce, ColoradoBiz Magazine (online), November 19, 2014
- Valuing Goodwill and the Danger of the Double Dip, co-author, www.SSR.com (Stout Risius Ross, Inc.), Fall 2014
- “Beware: New Maintenance Law’s Tax Bite,” ColoradoBiz Magazine (online), January 20, 2014
- “Feuding Families: Trusts and Divorce”, speaker, 2012
- “Successful Financial Settlements for Your Divorce Client”, speaker/author, National Business Institute, 2011
- Who Gets the Severance Package in the Divorce, author of article on severance packages and the allocation thereof in divorces, ColoradoBiz Magazine, 2011
- “The Marital Stock Exchange – Who gets the restricted stock in a divorce?”, author, ColoradoBiz Magazine, March 8, 2011
- “Determining When Trusts Are Property for the Purposes of Equitable Division”, article author, The Colorado Lawyer, 2010
- “The Irrevocable Family Trust: When Grandma Gets Dragged into the Divorce”, co-presented with James Wade on the topic of trusts and divorce, Family Law Institute, 2009
- “Significant domestic relations cases decided in the past year”, speaker, Arapahoe County Bar Association’s Case Law Update, 2006
- “Technology and Family Law”, speaker, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Annual Conference in Chicago
- “Technology and Family Law”, speaker, American Bar Association’s Annual Convention
- “Hot Tips from the Experts”, speaker, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers’ conferences in Orlando
- “Technology to Serve Your Clients Effectively”, presentation on software for solo practitioners, Denver Solo Conference
- “Reproductive Techniques and Issues in Family Law”, speaker, Hot Topics Lightning Round, Family Law Institute
- “10 Tips for Surviving a Divorce in a Downturn”, author, ColoradoBiz Magazine (Online Version) January 3, 2010
- “No Sympathy for the Unemployed or the Underemployed in Family Courts”, author, ColoradoBiz Magazine, September 4, 2007
- “Assisted Reproduction and Colorado Law: Unanswered Questions and Future Challenges”, author, The Colorado Lawyer, November, 2006 edition
- “When the Gloves Come Off: The Litigation Option for Divorce Cases”, author, ColoradoBiz Magazine, May 9, 2006
- “Living Together: Don’t lose your business to an unplanned common law marriage”, author, ColoradoBiz Magazine, March 15, 2006
- “Divorce and Dissipation: Hidden Assets and Spending”, author, ColoradoBiz Magazine, March 7, 2006
- ”Switching Attorneys”, author, Divorce in Denver, March/April 2006
- Fairshare, American Bar Association
- Family Advocate, American Bar Association
- Hague Convention pertaining to International Child Abduction
- Colorado Bar Association’s continuing Legal Education Seminar
- “The Anatomy of Divorce”, a three-part series on the Dr. Phil Show filmed in Hollywood and Denver