Claire Nichols – email@example.com
Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
University of Denver – Daniels College of Business, B.S.
Barrister’s Best “Civil Litigator” Attorney – 2019 & 2022
Colorado Super Lawyers List – Rising Star, 2017-2023
The Best Lawyers in America Ones to Watch, 2021-2023, (Family Law, Commercial Litigation, Construction Law/Construction Litigation, Real Estate)
Area of Practice
Civil Litigation, Family Law
About Christopher Griffiths
Chris is a shareholder at Griffiths Law PC and focuses his practice on complex civil litigation and family law matters. His civil litigation practice focuses on construction, insurance, real estate, commercial, and business disputes. His family law practice focuses on divorce and related domestic relations matters.
Chris represents a variety of clients including individuals and companies facing complicated and difficult problems. In his civil practice, Chris has represented clients from all parts of Colorado and Texas including individuals, community associations, property owners, and businesses. Chris has experience litigating complex civil disputes concerning construction defects, insurance, real estate, and other related matters such as bad faith, nondisclosure, misrepresentation, and fraud. In his family law practice, Chris has experience representing clients faced with difficult, life-changing decisions concerning all aspects of divorce including complex financial affairs, parenting time, maintenance, and decision making.
Chris has assisted in the recovery of millions of dollars on behalf of his and his firm’s clients in Colorado and Texas. He has been named to the Colorado Super Lawyers Rising Star list and has written and presented on topics ranging from the division of restricted stock in divorce to the laws concerning construction defects to insurance coverage issues related to construction litigation.
Outside of work, Chris loves to spend time with his wife, Shannon, and his two daughters. He also enjoys snowboarding, golfing, cycling, hiking, watching movies, and traveling.
“A well-prepared case is the best way to protect your future. A client achieves their best results when their attorney is ready for anything.”
I was stuck in a serious situation, basically hopeless when I contacted Chris Griffiths. Through the case we did not lose one hearing. They were on top of every situation and made me realize how much they really care about their clients. Very professional, extremely knowledgeable in any family law situation. Absolute bulldogs in the courtroom. If you put in the work on your end Chris and his team are going to get you the results you want regardless of your situation. He believed in me from the get go and went hard to win my case because he loves to help and he really loves to win. Amazing law firm, couldn’t be happier.
If I could give 10 stars I would! I am SO happy I used Griffiths Law to help with my situation! There is NO ONE else I would have rather used to help me with my custody battle! Suzanne Griffiths and Chris Griffiths were amazing!
Former Client – May 2020, Google Review
Christopher Griffiths was a valuable part of my legal team. He has an incredible ability to carefully explain the many decisions that needed to be made along the way. This made a tremendous difference for me to feel confident throughout this complicated process. Christopher is very detailed, intelligent and highly capable.
Former Client – May 2019, Google Review
Honors & Distinctions
- Best Civil Litigator (People’s Choice) in the Barrister’s Best publication of Law Week Colorado, 2019 & 2022
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America© Ones to Watch, 2021 – 2023, Family Law and Construction Litigation
- GenXYZ – Most Influential Young Professional Finalist – ColoradoBiz, 2020
- Colorado Super Lawyer® “Rising Star”, 2017 – 2023
- Superb rating on AVVO.
Published & Unpublished Appellate Decisions
- Evans v. Evans, 2019 COA 179M, cert. denied, 19SC992, (Colo. 2020)
- In re Marriage of Young, 2021 COA 96
- In re Marriage of Evans, 2021 COA 141
- In re E.K., 2022 CO 34
Authorship & Presentations
- Issues Arising from Self-Settled Trusts When the Couple Divorces, Author & Presenter, February 7, 2023
- Winter 2023 Colorado Bar Family Law Case Update, Author & Presenter, January 20, 2023
- New Changes to Litigating Nondisclosure Cases Under C.R.C.P. 16.2(e)(10), 2022 FLI Conference, Presenter, Aug. 18, 2022
- The Truth about Common Law Marriage in Colorado (2021 Update), August 11, 2021
- “How the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Affects Family Law,” 36th Annual National CLE Conference®, January 2019
- “The Future Landscape of Maintenance in Divorces,” Law Week Colorado, July 2018
- “How the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 Affects Divorce,” Colorado Lawyer, June 2018
- “How to Get Your Social Media, Email and Text Evidence Admitted (and Keep Theirs Out),” National Business Institute Continuing Legal Education Program, co-presenter, December 2017
- The Basics of Insurance Law for Construction Attorneys, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association – Trial Talk Magazine, August/September 2017
- Navigating Insurance By Thinking Like a Lawyer, Common Interests Magazine, Community Association’s Institute, 2016.
- No Turning Back: Getting Ready for Your Community’s Statue of Repose to Expire, Common Interests Magazine, Community Association’s Institute, 2015.
- Watch Your Back: Construction Defect Legislation Update, Common Interests Magazine, Community Association’s Institute, 2015.
- Money Isn’t the Root of All Evil…Water Is, Common Interests Magazine, Community Association’s Institute, 2014.
- “The Marital Stock Exchange – Who gets the restricted stock in a divorce?”, author, ColoradoBiz Magazine, March 8, 2011