Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
University of Denver – Daniels College of Business, B.S.
Barrister’s Best “Civil Litigation” Attorney – 2019
Colorado Super Lawyers List – Rising Star, 2017-2021
The Best Lawyers in America Ones to Watch, 2021-2022
Area of Practice
Civil Litigation, Family Law
About Christopher Griffiths
Chris is a shareholder at Griffiths Law PC and focuses his practice on complex civil litigation and family law matters. His civil litigation practice focuses on construction, insurance, real estate, commercial, and business disputes. His family law practice focuses on divorce and related domestic relations matters.
Chris represents a variety of clients including individuals and companies facing complicated and difficult problems. In his civil practice, Chris has represented clients from all parts of Colorado and Texas including individuals, community associations, property owners, and businesses. Chris has experience litigating complex civil disputes concerning construction defects, insurance, real estate, and other related matters such as bad faith, nondisclosure, misrepresentation, and fraud. In his family law practice, Chris has experience representing clients faced with difficult, life-changing decisions concerning all aspects of divorce including complex financial affairs, parenting time, maintenance, and decision making.
Chris has assisted in the recovery of millions of dollars on behalf of his and his firm’s clients in Colorado and Texas. He has been named to the Colorado Super Lawyers Rising Star list and has written and presented on topics ranging from the division of restricted stock in divorce to the laws concerning construction defects to insurance coverage issues related to construction litigation.
Outside of work, Chris loves to spend time with his wife, Shannon, and his two daughters. He also enjoys snowboarding, golfing, cycling, hiking, watching movies, and traveling.
“A well-prepared case is the best way to protect your future. A client achieves their best results when their attorney is ready for anything.”
The kindness and understanding Chris provided throughout the whole process made it feel so seamless and less stressful. Chris quickly resolved my issue and I couldn’t be happier with his representation. Thank you!
Former Client – August 2020, Google
If I could give 10 stars I would! I am SO happy I used Griffiths Law to help with my situation! There is NO ONE else I would have rather used to help me with my custody battle! Suzanne Griffiths and Chris Griffiths were amazing!
Former Client – May 2020, Google Review
Christopher Griffiths was also a valuable part of my legal team. He has an incredible ability to carefully explain the many decisions that needed to be made along the way. This made a tremendous difference for me to feel confident throughout this complicated process.Christopher is very detailed, intelligent and highly capable.
Former Client – May 2019, Google
Honors & Distinctions
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America©Ones to Watch, 2021 – 2022, Litigation-Construction
- GenXYZ – Most Influential Young Professional Finalist – ColoradoBiz, 2020
- Best Civil Litigator (People’s Choice) in the Barrister’s Best publication of Law Week Colorado, 2019
- Colorado Super Lawyer® “Rising Star”, 2017 – 2021
- Superb rating on AVVO.
Texas Bar Association
Arapahoe County Bar Association
Published & Unpublished Appellate Decisions
- In re Marriage of Alpert (Unpublished 2018)
- Evans v. Evans, 2019 COA 179M, cert. denied, 19SC992, (Colo. 2020)
- In re Marriage of Behnke (Unpublished 2020)
- Fox v. Fox (Unpublished 2020)
- In re Marriage of Young, 2021 COA 96
Authorship & Presentations
- The Truth about Common Law Marriage in Colorado (2021 Update), August 11, 2021
- “How the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Affects Family Law,” 36th Annual National CLE Conference®, January 2019
- “The Future Landscape of Maintenance in Divorces,” Law Week Colorado, July 2018
- “How the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 Affects Divorce,” Colorado Lawyer, June 2018
- “How to Get Your Social Media, Email and Text Evidence Admitted (and Keep Theirs Out),” National Business Institute Continuing Legal Education Program, co-presenter, December 2017
- The Basics of Insurance Law for Construction Attorneys, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association – Trial Talk Magazine, August/September 2017
Navigating Insurance By Thinking Like a Lawyer, Common Interests Magazine, Community Association’s Institute, 2016.
No Turning Back: Getting Ready for Your Community’s Statue of Repose to Expire, Common Interests Magazine, Community Association’s Institute, 2015.
Watch Your Back: Construction Defect Legislation Update, Common Interests Magazine, Community Association’s Institute, 2015.
Money Isn’t the Root of All Evil…Water Is, Common Interests Magazine, Community Association’s Institute, 2014.
“The Marital Stock Exchange – Who gets the restricted stock in a divorce?”, author, ColoradoBiz Magazine, March 8, 2011