Danielle N. Contos
Jennell Bruno – firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, J.D.
University of Colorado Denver, B.A., Sociology
Colorado Collaborative Divorce Professionals Training
Colorado Super Lawyer® “Rising Star”, 2017 – 2023
Area of Practice
About Danielle Contos
Danielle’s practice focuses on complex financial matters, parental responsibilities, interstate jurisdictional disputes, drafting and negotiating marital agreements, and challenges to and enforcement of marital agreements. In addition, Danielle has experience with various family law-related appellate matters. Danielle believes in the pursuit of settlement whenever possible, while recognizing the litigation skills are invaluable when settlement cannot be achieved.
Danielle earned her J.D. from the University of Denver’s Sturm College of Law, where she focused on her passion for family law. While in law school, Danielle had the privilege of working as a judicial intern for the Honorable Judges David Prince and Robert L. Lowrey of the 4th Judicial District. This experience provided Danielle with the opportunity to further develop her legal writing and research skills, as well as the opportunity to learn the intricacies of the legal system. Danielle has also interned with Metro Volunteer Lawyers, assisting in the Family Law Court Program. Her time there was instrumental in both expanding upon her knowledge of the divorce process, and also instilled in Danielle a desire to give back to the community.
“The courtroom should not be used for vengeance, but as a last resort. Families need proactive and amicable resolution, not prolonged and enhanced conflict.”
Can’t say enough about how wonderful Danielle is. She helped me navigate very difficult situations and fought for me!
Former Client – October 2020, Google Review
I had an excellent experience with Danielle and would highly recommend her services to anyone seeking legal help. She was extremely helpful, kind, and prompt throughout the entire process.
Former Client – July 2020, Google Review
Danielle Contos is an excellent attorney, she impressed me with her skill, knowledge and dedication to her clients. I highly recommend her.
Former Client – December 2016, AVVO Review
Honors & Distinctions
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America©Ones to Watch, 2021-2023, Family Law
- Colorado Super Lawyer® “Rising Star”, 2017-2023
Published & Unpublished Appellate Decisions
- In re Marriage of Turner, 2022 COA 39
- In re Marriage of Kent (unpublished 2018)
- In re Marriage of Coy (unpublished 2018)
- In re Marriage of Wallace (unpublished 2019)
- In re Marriage of Vieau (unpublished 2020)
- In re Marriage of Thorne (unpublished 2020)
- In re Marriage of McGehee (unpublished 2021)
- In re Marriage of Wallace (unpublished 2021)
Authorship & Presentations
- Issues Arising from Self-Settled Trusts When the Couple Divorces, Author & Presenter, February 7, 2023
- “It’s Not Always Alienation: Untangling Alienation and Non-Physical Abuse Claims in Domestic Court”, FLI Conference, August 2022
- “Prenuptial Agreements”, Colorado Bar Association CLE, February 2017
- “The Multiple Purposes of Marital Agreements and Drafting Tips” 2021 Family Law Spring Update, March 2021