Tia M. Zavaras
Kati Read – [email protected]
Arizona State University, Bachelor of Social Work
University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, J.D.
Colorado Collaborative Divorce Professionals Training
Colorado Super Lawyer®, 2013 – 2020
Colorado top 50 female lawyer/top 100 lawyer by Superlawyers
Area of Practice
Family Law, Collaborative Divorce, Construction Defect, Civil Litigation
About Tia M. Zavaras
Tia’s practice focuses on family law and civil litigation matters. As a family law attorney, Tia counsels her clients through the enormously difficult process of divorce and its related issues such as child custody, decision making, maintenance, and the appropriate division of assets. As a civil litigator, Tia has recovered over $30 million on behalf of her clients, including individuals and organizations throughout Colorado and Texas faced with dire and complicated circumstances. During Tia’s civil career, she has represented clients in claims for defective construction, insurance recovery, breach of contract, and other various commercial disputes.
Tia’s broad array of legal experience and ability to connect with her clients allows her to provide mindful, comprehensive solutions to complex problems—always making the right decision, at the right time, for the right reasons. Tia understands the value of having the best team represent her clients and strives to surround herself by the most brilliant attorneys in the business. At Griffiths Law, Tia uses the firm’s vast resources and talent to bring together teams of attorneys that can lead a client to the best solution for their unique problem. She believes this team-oriented approach is the key to excellent representation. By doing this, Tia provides her clients with the right team of attorneys to handle all sorts of complex disputes. Tia believes that with a team of experienced counsel, she can provide unrivaled legal representation.
Tia is consistently ranked among the best in her field. She was selected by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star or Super Lawyer since 2013. She has published articles and delivered presentations all over Colorado on a variety of topics.
“Nothing can prepare an individual or family for the changes that come with divorce. It is my goal to make sure that all our clients have a level of support and representation that is unparalleled.”
Honors & Distinctions
Colorado Super Lawyers 2015 – 2020
Top 50 Women Super Lawyers 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Top 100 Colorado Super Lawyers 2018, 2019, 2020
Colorado Super Lawyers Rising Star List 2013, 2014
- Received a 10 out of 10 rating on AVVO.
Memberships & Community Involvement
- International Academy of Collaborative Divorce Professionals
- Colorado Collaborative Divorce Professionals
- Metro Volunteer Lawyers
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Colorado Women’s Chamber of Commerce
2019 Colorado Trial Lawyers Association Legislative Council Member
Colorado Trial Lawyer’s Association
Colorado Bar Association
Denver Bar Association
- Arapahoe County Bar Association
Texas Bar Association
Authorship & Presentations
- “6 Strategies For Survival: Cohabitation in the Time of COVID-19”, Divorcedmoms.com, May 2020
- “Assisting with the Family Law Case Intake”, Colorado Family Law Practice for Paralegals, Speaker, September 2019
- Moving Forward: My Life Before, During and After Cancer, Super Lawyers Magazine: Colorado 2019
- Conscious Lawyering – The Practitioner’s Role in Reducing Conflict, April 2018
- “Trial Tips – Pet Peeves and Best Practices,” Colorado Judicial Institute, co-presenter, March 1, 2018
- Money Isn’t the Root of All Evil…Water is, Common Interests, CAI-RMC, 2014