Jamie is an experienced attorney that focuses her practice on family law. With Jamie’s nearly six years of experience as an attorney she has successfully negotiated and settled numerous domestic relations cases that resulted in favorable results for her clients. Jamie’s keen negotiation skills helps to alleviate clients’ stress during this already taxing process. In addition to Jamie’s negotiation skills, she has tried over 75 trials both in criminal law and domestic relations. Jamie’s litigation skills set her apart as a domestic relations attorney. If Jamie cannot settle your case, she can litigate it with tactful trial strategy to achieve the best possible results. Jamie handles a variety of domestic relations issues. Jamie not only handles divorce cases and child custody disputes among parents, but has dealt with several complex grandparents’ rights cases that have resulted in favorable results for her client and the best interests of the child involved. Many people are moving to Colorado and Jamie’s expertise includes vast knowledge of the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (“UCCJEA”) to help parents navigate their legal steps when they move. Jamie’s passion in her domestic relations cases is achieving favorable results for the family and the children involved. Jamie earned her Juris Doctorate from Campbell University School of Law in the top 15% of her class while serving on the law review. She also earned her undergraduate degree from the University of Northern Colorado, cum laude, in Political Science and Communications. Jamie also has a passion for volunteer work and helping out in her local community. Jamie volunteers to help victims of Human Trafficking by offering pro bono services to them. Being a native to Colorado, Jamie loves to hike, snowboard and spend time with her family in the Colorado outdoors in her free time.
“Be the change you want to see in the world”-Mahatma Gandhi
Ms. Paine was there every step of the way, she was understanding and caring to my needs and kept me informed at every step until the end. It was a great victory for me knowing I obtained one of the best attorneys from this firm
Former Client – April 2021, Google Review
Going through a divorce was difficult and scary, but I felt so much better having Jamie to help me through everything. I highly recommend her if you’re looking for someone to help guide you through a legal process and feel comfortable and confident at the same time.
Former Client – December 2020, AVVO Review
Mrs.Paine has been more than helpful and has gone above and beyond given the outcome. I am extremely pleased with her compassion for my extremely rare case.
Former Client – November 2020, AVVO Review
Honors & Distinctions
- Book Award, Campbell Law School, 2013
- Winner, Richard S. Lord Intramural Moot Court Competition, Campbell Law School, 2013
- Leadership Award, Metropolitan Mayors and Commissioners Youth Leadership, 2008
- Alliance to Lead Impact In Global Human Trafficking-Volunteer
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Colorado Legal Aid-Associate Board Member 2020
Authorship & Presentations
- The Rules of Professional Conduct: Be Respectful, Best Lawyers Newsletter, June 1, 2021
- Does my Domestic Violence Case Impact my Divorce or Custody Case?, May 24, 2021
- The Effects of Domestic Violence on Parental Rights, December 16, 2020
- Types of Parenting Plans & Custody Schedules in 2021, December, 16, 2020
- Moonshine, Marijuana, and Medical Bills: An examination of Social Host Liability, Campbell Law School Law Review Comment, 2014
- Decoding Symbols in the Courtroom, McNair’s Scholar, 2012
- Women in Law Diversity Meeting, Speaker, 2018