Jamie is an experienced attorney that focuses her practice on family law.
With Jamie’s years of experience as an attorney she has successfully negotiated and settled numerous domestic relations cases that resulted in favorable results for her clients. Jamie’s keen negotiation skills helps to alleviate clients’ stress during this already taxing process.
In addition to Jamie’s negotiation skills, she has tried nearly 100 trials both in criminal law and domestic relations. Jamie’s litigation skills set her apart as a domestic relations attorney. If Jamie cannot settle your case, she can litigate it with tactful trial strategy to achieve the best possible results. Jamie handles a variety of domestic relations issues. Jamie not only handles divorce cases and child custody disputes among parents but has dealt with several complex grandparents’ rights cases that have resulted in favorable results for her client and the best interests of the children involved. Many people are moving to Colorado and Jamie’s expertise includes vast knowledge of the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (“UCCJEA”) to help parents navigate their legal steps when they move. Jamie’s passion in her domestic relations cases is achieving favorable results for the family and the children involved.
Jamie earned her Juris Doctorate from Campbell University School of Law, cum laude, in the top 15% of her class while serving on the law review. She also earned her undergraduate degree from the University of Northern Colorado, cum laude, in Political Science and Communications. Jamie has a passion for volunteer work and helping out in her local community. Jamie is a sworn in Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) who works with children when they are unfortunately part of the dependency and neglect system. She also volunteers to help victims of Human Trafficking by offering pro bono services to them. Jamie is an avid weightlifter who has participated and won several strong woman competitions. She is a native to Colorado, so she enjoys all things fitness and in her free time spends time with her family hiking, snowboarding, and swimming.
“Be the change you want to see in the world”
Ms. Paine was there every step of the way, she was understanding and caring to my needs and kept me informed at every step until the end. It was a great victory for me knowing I obtained one of the best attorneys from this firm.
Former Client – April 2021, Google Review
Going through a divorce was difficult and scary, but I felt so much better having Jamie to help me through everything. I highly recommend her if you’re looking for someone to help guide you through a legal process and feel comfortable and confident at the same time.
Former Client – December 2020, AVVO Review
Mrs.Paine has been more than helpful and has gone above and beyond given the outcome. I am extremely pleased with her compassion for my extremely rare case.
Former Client – November 2020, AVVO Review
- A Precious Child Women’s Guild Member and committee chair for the fill a backpack cause
- CASA in training
- Alliance to Lead Impact In Global Human Trafficking-Volunteer
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Colorado Legal Aid-Associate Board Member 2020
- “Direct Examination Nuts & Bolts” CLE, Presenter, CBA YLD, April 22, 2022
- 5 Ways to Minimize Harm to Children During Divorce, CoBiz Magazine online, March 21, 2022
- Joint Parental Decision-Making and COVID-19 – Can I vaccinate my child?, griffithslawpc.com, September 1, 2021
- Domestic violence and divorce: why to hire one attorney who handles both cases, BoBiz Magazine online, June 17, 2021
- The Rules of Professional Conduct: Be Respectful, Best Lawyers Newsletter, June 1, 2021
- Does my Domestic Violence Case Impact my Divorce or Custody Case?, May 24, 2021
- The Effects of Domestic Violence on Parental Rights, December 16, 2020
- Types of Parenting Plans & Custody Schedules in 2021, December, 16, 2020
- Moonshine, Marijuana, and Medical Bills: An examination of Social Host Liability, Campbell Law School Law Review Comment, 2014
- Decoding Symbols in the Courtroom, McNair’s Scholar, 2012
- Women in Law Diversity Meeting, Speaker, 2018