Jamie is an experienced attorney that focuses her practice on family law and misdemeanor criminal cases. Jamie’s experience at the DA’s Office provided her extensive knowledge to understand and navigate the complexities of domestic violence and the effects it has on victims but also in the unfortunate scenario that soon to be ex-spouses try to create a DV case to gain leverage in their soon to be divorce or child custody proceeding. Given Jamie’s experience as a prosecutor and now a family law attorney she knows what it takes to handle all aspects of your criminal DV case and limit the impacts that has on your family law case. Jamie’s expertise offers both family law services and criminal defense services which sets her apart from other family law attorneys. Jamie’s ability to handle both cases saves clients time and money. The sad reality is most of the time when someone is facing both a divorce and a DV case they spend double on fees as the two attorneys try to stay on the same page. Additionally, the criminal defense attorneys may make decisions unknowingly impacting your family law case. Jamie not only handles both components of your case but does so with the tact and integrity needed to alleviate as much stress as possible during this time. In addition to DV cases Jamie also offers criminal defense services for all misdemeanor charges here in Colorado.
Jamie earned her Juris Doctorate from Campbell University School of Law in the top 15% of her class while serving on the law review. She also earned her undergraduate degree from the University of Northern Colorado, cum laude, in Political Science and Communications. Jamie also has a passion for volunteer work and helping out in her local community. Being a native to Colorado, Jamie loves to hike, snowboard and spend time with her family outside in her free time.
“Be the change you want to see in the world”-Mahatma Gandhi
Honors & Distinctions
- Book Award, Campbell Law School, 2013
- Winner, Richard S. Lord Intramural Moot Court Competition, Campbell Law School, 2013
- Leadership Award, Metropolitan Mayors and Commissioners Youth Leadership, 2008
- Alliance to Lead Impact In Global Human Trafficking-Volunteer
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Colorado Legal Aid-Associate Board Member 2020
Authorship & Presentations
- The Effects of Domestic Violence on Parental Rights, Griffiths Law PC (online) December 16, 2020
- Types of Parenting Plans & Custody Schedules in 2021, Griffiths Law PC (online) December, 16, 2020
- Moonshine, Marijuana, and Medical Bills: An examination of Social Host Liability, Campbell Law School Law Review Comment, 2014
- Decoding Symbols in the Courtroom, McNair’s Scholar, 2012
- Women in Law Diversity Meeting, Speaker, 2018