Jamese Lemon – [email protected]
University of Baltimore School of Law, J.D., cum laude
Kalamazoo College, B.A., Biology
Best Lawyers in America© Ones to Watch, 2023-2024, Family Law
Super Lawyer® “Rising Star”, 2013 – 2023
Area of Practice
Joe is an experienced attorney that focuses his practice on all areas of family law. Joe understands that each client’s situation and goals are unique. By using his years of experience negotiating and trying cases, Joe helps his clients choose the best course of action in their domestic relations disputes. Joe has significant experience in all areas of family law, particularly divorce, parenting-related litigation, and other domestic relations issues.
Before joining Griffiths Law, Joe completed a judicial clerkship at the trial level and worked for eight years in private practice. His practice has always focused on complex family matters that were often high conflict and had complex financial issues.
Before attending law school, Joe worked with at-risk teenage youth in Chicago to develop their civic knowledge and awareness as an AmeriCorps volunteer. While in law school, he served as a Teaching Assistant and as the Articles Editor for the University of Baltimore Law Forum.
Joe is licensed in the State of Colorado and the State of Maryland.
“A good family law attorney provides knowledge, support and advocacy for each client with the goal to obtain the best form of resolution during a difficult life experience.”
Joe was extremely helpful in his advice given to me relative to an unusual case. Joe listened to me, he was very understanding as to my situation, and took time to discuss the case with me.
Former Client – April 2021, AVVO Review
In short, I’m deeply grateful for Joe. He made the best out of a terrible situation – and left me feeling as whole as he could at the end.
Former Client – November 2020, AVVO Review
I hired Joe to handle a very difficult divorce case. We ended up having to go to court several times and each time came out on top. He has always handled himself professionally and I have the utmost confidence in him.
Former Client – June 2018, AVVO Review
- Secretary/Treasurer for the First Judicial District Bar Association 2023-Present
- Board Member for Metro Volunteer Lawyers
- City Year Denver Associate Board Member, 2020-Present
- Board of Trustees for the First Judicial District Bar Association 2020-2023
- Colorado Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Marcantonio v. Moen, 39 U. BALT. L.F. 239 (2009).
- Clancy v. King, 39 U. BALT. L.F. 90 (2008).
- Addiction and the Imputation of Income: A Practical Application, CBA CLE, Presenter, April 20, 2023
- Creativity: A requirement for family law practitioners, Colorado Biz Magazine, March 2021
- Debt & Divorce in Colorado in 2020, griffithslawpc.com, February 2020