Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Filter by Categories
Civil Disputes
Family Law
Featured Article
Featured Attorney
Griffiths News

Temporary Orders

If your spouse is being physically abusive to you or to the children, refuses to provide reasonable support, refuses to give information concerning property, or refuses to permit reasonable parenting time, the court will hear your evidence and determine if you will get relief while the case is pending. The court may also provide temporary allocation of parental responsibilities, visitation, and support of the children, as well as temporary use of the family home. Many courts now require you to seek mediation before granting a hearing even on temporary orders’ issues.